Tuesday, May 30, 2006

IntiRymi, maybe spell's wrong



IntiRymi means "The party of Sun". The festival is held by indigenous people every year in May. It is very cultural, interesting, and crazy...with full of music, dances, dresses, and drinks...


It lasts 3 or 4 days, though I gave up in 2 days. My friend made it 4 days without sleeping at all... Must have been taking something.



I went to see this festival in Otavalo. People were playing music and dancing(it looked them running roundly for me). At the end of the festival, people came to the center of the Plaza de Poncho to get a gift from the god. I have never see so many indiginous people at one time. It was... interesting but furious.

I thought it's ended after they got gift. Then, they, no, WE went to Peguche where there is holly waterfall. They bathed under the waterfall, the temperature must have been below 0... Of course I bathed in too. FREEZING!!



when we came back from Waterfall, we visiting around almost all houses. We knocked the door and got inside played the music and got free drinks and left... it was around 2 or 3 AM. Some houses were sleeping and would not let us in. I was scared... They cursing those houses, they started to kick the door. That's culture too!!!

I came back to hostel and passed out.

well, it was very fun.


No comments: